An Introduction to Acting
Beginner actors are provided with basic skills through training in acting, stage techniques, basic voice, reading aloud, movement, blocking, theatre games, improvisation, directing and scene writing over thirty sessions of three hours each. Instruction takes place in English.
The Introduction to Acting course can also be seen as a bridging course to enter the Method Certificate Course at a later date since it assists students who require preparation to further their acting studies.
Course fee: R7,900 (FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND PAYABLE UPON REGISTRATION)
Classes take place at Brooklyn Theatre, Greenlyn Village, Shop 21/Theatre, corner of Thomas Edison Street and 13th Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria.
Class times: Saturdays: 10h00 - 13h00
11 February – 25 March: 6 sessions
(18 March – long weekend, no class)
22 April –1 July: 10 sessions
(29 April – long weekend, no class)
29 July – 30 September: 9 sessions
(23 September – long weekend, no class)
14 October – 11 November: 5 sessions
The Introduction to Acting Information Sheet is available on the Downloads page.
Contact Stephanie van Niekerk at 012 751-2227 or 084 302 2457 to make an appointment to attend an information session, should you wish to do so. Introductory Course students may also register via e-mail without attending an information session.
Choose Method Actors' Training Centre!
MATC is your best choice because of the philosophy that underlies the training and the added value not to be found elsewhere in S.A.
Will YOU benefit by doing this course?
1. The Introductory Course will suit persons who have never studied acting before yet wish to ascertain whether the acting industry is the right path for them before they commit to further studies.
2. Method techniques are not taught in the Introductory Course. This Introduction to Acting, however, builds a strong foundation for those who may wish to apply to enter the Method Course at a later date.
3. Students will gain vast amounts of information about acting techniques, communication through language and practical story-telling while doing these most enjoyable classes.
4. It has been proven that public speaking is a much feared activity! This course will prepare and assist those who need to give talks, do presentations or deal with the public as part of their jobs.
5. Some students may simply wish to develop their creativity and have an outlet for their imaginative and artistic abilities while enjoying an interesting, fun and informative activity!
These classes develop your communication abilities, self-confidence, creativity and expressiveness!
Have fun and enjoy...while learning!
Downloads available for this course: